CHARACTERISTIC OF THE GAS TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM OF UKRAINE
The acceleration of energy issues in the economies of different countries is associated with the transportation, extraction, consumption and conversion of energy resources, in particular gas. The Ukrainian gas transportation system is an important part of the country’s export potential, with its favorable geographic location at the crossroads of Europe and Asia.
In the article, we will try to analyze whether the gas transportation system for the country is an element of its energy security and one of the decisive components of the national economy. It carries out important functions: the delivery of gas to the Ukrainian market of consumption and transportation through the territory of the country of gas to the countries of Western and Central Europe. At the present stage of development, there are the following main problems of the gas transit system through the Ukrainian GTS: – outdated technology of gas transportation networks; - low level of exploration work for the search of new gas production fields; - a very large dependence on gas imports; – insufficient amount of investments; – in recent years there is a problem of loss of the GTS; – determination of the optimal transit tariff.
The status of the transit state of gas gives Ukraine economic and political benefits, as natural gas for many countries of the world is the main product for their fuel and energy complex. The Ukrainian system has proven reliability and transparency. A peculiarity is the fact that the joint operation of trunk pipelines with storage facilities is being carried out. A powerful network of underground gas storage facilities with the largest capacity makes the gas transportation system of Ukraine even more reliable, because in the event of a change in weather it is able to provide the necessary volumes of gas to the consumer countries.
The development of Ukraine’s cooperation in the energy sector with other countries is an important driving force of the national economy. The following factors hinder cooperation: – political problems with the main supplier of gas; - uncertainty and low level of communication with foreign-policy systems of international level.
However, despite the problems and obstacles, our state is the main transit, and also keeps the total volume of transported gas within its territory within acceptable limits.
2. Hazotransportna systema Ukrayiny [ Ukraine’s gas transportation system ] (n.d.) wikipedia.org. Retrieved from https://uk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hazotransportna_systema_Ukrayiny] [in Ukrainian].
3. Zemlyanyy M. H.(n.d.) Tranzyt ta postachannya hazu v Ukrayinu. Realiyi ta perspektyvy [Transit and gas supply to Ukraine. Realities and Prospects]. db.niss.gov.ua. – Retrieved from db.niss.gov.ua. [in Ukrainian].
4. 4. Kulyts’kyy S.(2017). Otsinka perspektyv rozvytku ukrayins’koyi hazovoyi sfery v konteksti ymovirnykh zmin u lohistytsi hazovoho rynku Yevropy [ Estimation of prospects for the development of the Ukrainian gas sector in the context of probable changes in the gas market logistics in Europe ]. Ukrayina: podiyi, fakty, komentari – Ukraine: events, facts, comments, 6, 51–67. URL: http://nbuviap.gov.ua/images/ukraine/2017/ ukr6.pdf [in Ukrainian].
5. Kuchmystenko O. V.(2013). Analiz rezhymiv funktsionuvannya ukrayins’koyi hazotransportnoyi systemy yak ob’yekta upravlinnya [Analysis of the modes of functioning of the Ukrainian gas transport system as an object of management]. Naftohazova enerhetyka – Oil and gas energy. Retrieved from http://nbuv.gov.ua/ UJRN/Nge_2013_1_8. [in Ukrainian].
6. Pavlov K.V.(2016). Zastosuvannya metodiv normuvannya pokaznykiv ta nechitkoyi lohiky pry otsintsi rivnya ekoloho-bezpechnoho pryrodokorystuvannya. [Application of the methods of valuation of indicators and fuzzy logic in assessing the level of ecologically safe nature management]. Structural Changes in the Economics of Natural Resources: Theoretical Foundations and Applied Aspects. O. M. Strishenets’ (Ed.). Luts’k: Vezha-Druk. [in Ukrainian].
7. Pavlov K.V.(2013). Rehulyuvannya investytsiyno-zhytlovykh vidnosyn v Ukrayini. [Regulation of investment and housing relations in Ukraine]. Rivne: NUVHP. [in Ukrainian].
8. Pro skhvalennya Kontseptsiyi rozvytku, modernizatsiyi i pereosnashchennya hazotransportnoyi systemy Ukrayiny [On Approval of the Concept of Development, Modernization and Re-equipment of the Gas Transportation System of Ukraine] (n.d.) mpe.kmu.gov.ua. Retrieved from mpe.kmu.gov.ua/minugol/control/ publish/article?art id=139477. [in Ukrainian].
9. Saprykin V.(2000). Stan ta perspektyvy mizhnarodnoho spivrobitnytstva Ukrayiny v enerhetychniy sferi [Status and Prospects of Ukraine’s International Cooperation in the Energy Sector]. Economics – Economics, 40. [in Ukrainian].
10. Strishenets’ O. M. (2012). Do pytannya pro maybutnye teoriyi rynkovoho fundamentalizmu. [The question of the future of the theory of market fundamentalism ]. Naukovyy visnyk. Ekonomichni nauky. Scientific Herald. Economic Sciences, 1, 386–391. [in Ukrainian].
11. Strishenets’ O. M. & K. V. Pavlov.(2017). Teoretychni aspekty konkurentsiyi na rehional’nykh rynkakh zhytlovoyi nerukhomosti [Theoretical aspects of competition in the regional markets of residential real estate]. Ekonomichnyy chasopys Skhidnoyevropeys’koho natsional’noho universytetu imeni Lesi Ukrayinky – Economic Journal of Lesya Ukrainka East-European National University. 3/11. 7–12. [in Ukrainian].
12. Enerhetyka [Energetics] (n.d.). economics.unian.ua. Retrieved from economics.unian.ua/energetics. [in Ukrainian].