MARKET OF ORGANIC VEGETABLES AND FRUIT: COMPARATIVE CHARACTERISTICS OF UKRAINE AND THE WORLD
The article supplies analysis of the area of organic agricultural lands in the world and Ukraine. The research confirms almost twice growth of the mentioned index for the period of 2010-2017 in the world. In 2017, the figure was 69.8 million hectare. However, in Ukraine the index has increased 1.6 times in the same period and constitutes421500 hectares. It is argued that the highest share of organic agricultural lands in the total structure of the country is marked in Uruguay, i.e. 7.42 %; in Italy, it is a little lower one and constitutes 4.95 % and in Spain – 3.89 %; while the lowest index is in China – 0.17 %. In Ukraine, the index takes 0.68 %. The work confirms a positive dynamics of growth of the number of enterprises, engaged in production of organic products in Ukraine. However, that positive dynamics is far from the world indices.
The research determines main problems of development in the field of organic production and sale of productions. The article stresses the necessity to improve regulatory support for organic production, because there is no legally approved uniform interpretation of the concept of “organic arable farming”, while arable farming is the basis for organic production. The authors of the work ground the necessity of control for the process of production of organic products, point a poor assortment and insufficient amount of biological means of plant protection. One observes little application and practical use of resource-saving technologies, inappropriate conditions for products storage, forcing the necessity of urgent solution of those problems. Generally, it will improve the indices of production and sale of organic products. However, it will not much approach the world market tendencies.
1. Analizrynkuorganichnoyiprodukciyi v Ukrayini[Analysis of organic products market in Ukraine].(2018).Retrievedfromhttps://agropolit.com/spetsproekty/407-analiz-rinku-organichnoyi-produktsiyi-v-ukrayini (in Ukrainain).
2. Artysh V. I. (2010).Rozvytoksvitovogorynkuorganichnoyiprodukciyi [Development of the organic products world market].Ekonomika APK, 3, 113-116. (in Ukrainain).
3. Bochko O. Yu., Karpij O.P. (2016). Suchasnyjstanzabezpechennyavidpovidnostitovarivpershoyineobхidnostimizhnarodnymvymogam ISO [The current state of ensuring conformity to the first necessity goods to the international requirements of ISO].Scientific proceedings of L’viv University of Business and Law, 16, 85-90.(in
4. Vseproorganichnuprodukciyu v Ukrayinitasviti[All about organic products in Ukraine and in the world]. (2017).Retrievedfromhttps://agropolit.com/infographics/view/22 (inUkrainain).
5. ZajchukT. O. (2009).VyrobnycztvoekologichnochystyхproduktivharchuvannyayakstrategichnyjnapryamrozvytkuUkrayiny [Productionofecologicallypurefoodas a strategicdirectionofUkraine'sdevelopment].Economy and region, 1, 100-105.(in Ukrainain).
6. Mylovanov Ye. (2004).Tendenciyirozvytkurynkuukrayins`koyiorganichnoyiprodukciyi [Trends in the development of Ukrainian organic products market].Materials of the scientific-practical seminar "Modern trends of production and marketing of organic products". L’viv, 37-42. (in Ukrainain).
7. Ukrayinciozvuchyly TOP-7 zavdan` dlyarozvytkuagrosektoru v nastupnip'yat` rokivdlyanovogoPrezydenta[Ukrainians voiced TOP-7 challenges for agro-sector development in the next five years for the new president].(2019). Retrievedfromhttps://agropolit.com/news/11101-ukrayintsi-ozvuchili-top-7-zavdan-dlya-rozvitku-agrosektoru-v-nastupni-pyat-rokiv-dlya-novogo-prezidenta (in Ukrainain).
8. FederaciyaorganichnogoruxuUkrayiny [Federation of Organic Movement of Ukraine].RetrievedDecember 25, 2018 fromhttp://organic.com.ua/uk/weblinks (inUkrainain).
9. Shlapak V.O. (2004). Pro vyroshhuvannyaekologichnochystoyiovochevoyiprodukciyi v Ukrayini [About growing of environmentally friendly vegetable products in Ukraine].Materials of the scientific-practical seminar "Modern trends of production and marketing of organic products". L’viv, 30-33. (in Ukrainain).
10. Shubravs`ka O. (2008).Rynokorganichnoyiprodukciyitaperspektyvyjogorozvytku v Ukrayini [The market of organic products and prospects for its development in Ukraine].Ukraine economy, 1, 53-61.(in Ukrainain).
11. European Organic Farming Statistics. (2019). Retrievedfromhttps://www.organic-europe.net/home-europe.html
12. Global Organic Farming Statistics and News. (2019)Retrievedfromhttps://www.organic-world.net/index.html
13. Agrarian and political site of Ukraine. (2019) Retrievedfromhttps://agropolit.com/.
14. Organic Market Development in Ukraine. (2019) Retrievedfromhttps://ukraine.fibl.org/en/ua-about-project.html.