USING OF INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL STIMULATION INSTRUMENTS OF RENEWABLE ENERGY DEVELOPMENT IN UKRAINE
Taking into account the direction of development of the world energy sector will help Ukraine to ensure energy security and investment in the most effective directions of energy resources and technologies.
The main tools for stimulating the development of REE include: Green Tariff (FITs and FIPs); green certificate commitment (TGC); preferential loans; loan guarantees; investment grants (investment support); tax exemptions / reductions; tender schemes.
Most of the EU countries use investment grants to increase their share of RES in the heating and cooling sector.
Favorable loans or loans provide interest below market rates. Extended return periods or late payment periods are also used.
Tax privileges are a flexible tool and can be directed selectively either to specific renewable energy technologies or to individual market participants.
In Ukraine, the "green" tariff was introduced at the end of 2008 and will continue to operate until 2030.
The essence of "green" auctions is that the state makes orders for a certain amount of "green" capacities, and investors are struggling to get it. The company that offers the lowest price wins. The company's proposed price for its "green" electricity will be paid to it during a predetermined period.
Ukraine has identified renewable energy as the main vector, which is clearly a positive phenomenon. For a sure and effective development in the field of renewable energy in Ukraine, it is necessary to conduct a dialogue with stakeholders and the public in advance regarding changes in the use of regulatory instruments; apply and fulfill long-term commitments, develop support schemes and tools that take into account changes in technology costs and costs; Provide scheduled review periods and changes; to establish clear obligations to avoid circumstances that may cause non-return of already made investments; solve problems with landing and network connection; to create a system of balancing and accumulation of capacities of "green" energy (first of all, hydroelectric power stations); Ensure transparency of costs; diversification of tools for supporting and financing various types of renewable energy; carry out continuous monitoring, evaluate the effectiveness of support and promote network integration, etc.
1. Energety`chna strategiya Ukrayiny` na period do 2035 roku «Bezpeka, energoefekty`vnist`, konkurentospromozhnist» vid 18 serpnya 2017 r. # 605-r [Energy Strategy of Ukraine for the period up to 2035 "Safety, Energy Efficiency, Competitiveness"] // Oficijny`j sajt Verxovnoyi Rady` Ukrayiny`. – Оfficial site of the Supreme Council of Ukraine. – 1994-2019. – Retrieved from http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/605-2017-%D1%80 [In Ukrainian].
2. Krashhi yevropejs`ki prakty`ky` realizaciyi vy`mog. Dy`rekty`vy` 2009/28/ shhodo zaoxochennya vy`kory`stannya vidnovlyuvany`x dzherel energiyi [Best European practices for the implementation of requirements. Directive 2009/28 / EC on the promotion of the use of renewable energy sources] // UNIDO : 2019. – Retrieved from http://www.reee.org.ua/assets/2014/09/best-european-practices.pdf [In Ukrainian].
3. Zakon Ukrayiny` pro al`ternaty`vni dzherela energiyi [Ukraine. Laws The Law of Ukraine on Alternative Energy] : redakciya vid vid 11.06.2017. – Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/555-15 [In Ukrainian].
4. Choty`ry` vy`kly`ky` vidnovlyuval`noyi energety`ky` v Ukrayini [The Four Challenges of Renewable Energy in Ukraine] // By`znesCenzor : 2016-2019. – Retrieved from https://biz.censor.net.ua/columns/3074733/chotiri_vikliki_rozvitku_vdnovlyuvano_energetiki_v_ukran [In Ukrainian].
5. Electricity production from coal sources (% of total) // The World Bank Group : – 2019. – Retrieved from https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/EG.ELC.COAL.ZS?locations=DZ [In USA].
6. IRENA at Scenario Forum 2019 // IRENA - International Renewable Energy Agency : 2019. – Retrieved from https://www.irena.org/ [In United Arab Emirates].
7. Renewables // IEA : 2019. – Retrieved from https://www.iea.org/topics/renewables/ [In France].
8. Summary Finding of Lazard's 2017 Levelized Cost of Energy Analisis // Lazard. – 2019. – Retrieved from https://www.lazard.com/media/450436/rehcd3.jpg [In Ukrainian].
9. World Development Indicators: Electricity production, sources, and access // The World Bank Group – 2019. – Retrieved from http://wdi.worldbank.org/table/3.7 [In USA].
10. World Development Indicators: Size of the economy // The World Bank Group : 2019. URL: http://wdi.worldbank.org/table/WV.1 [In USA].
11. Rudy`k N.I., Rudy`k A.O. Instrumenty` sty`mulyuvannya rozvy`tku vidnovlyuval`noyi energety`ky`. [Tools for stimulating the development of renewable energy].
Perspekty`vy` rozvy`tku ekonomiky`: teoriya, metodologiya, prakty`ka [Prospects for economic development: theory, methodology, practice], m. Lucz`k, 2019 r. Lucz`k, 2019. S.55-58 [In Ukrainian].