LOGISTICS OUTSOURCING IN THE ENTERPRISE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: REVENUES AND COSTS OF PROVIDERS
In this article the outsourcing is defined as a modern and successful business model that enables the company to achieve competitive advantages. It was found out that this was not a new method, and it was originated in the West. It is used as a tool for lowering costs, improving service quality and production efficiency.
The article analyses a certain number of modern scientific works of foreign scientists, as well as Ukrainian and Russian scientists, which are devoted to the problems of using outsourcing in different fields of economic agents’ activities. While analysing literary sources, the attention was paid to the investigation of aspects of enterprise management on the basis of logistic approaches in Ukraine.
It is proved that one of the most effective methods for increasing the profitability of a business is the introduction of outsourcing in the logistics management. It is also determined that logistics outsourcing is purchasing of services for inventories management, goods transportation, their warehousing and all the other related with these processes business operations from a third party.
The article deals with the activities of providers of logistic services considering the number of logistic functions, as well as the level of access to international and regional markets, and what is more they are divided into 5 levels of logistics service. The third party logistics is highlighted from the given classification, since the term 3PL is synonymous with the concept of outsourcing, which means the transfer of part or all of the logistics functions to a third party that is a provider of logistics services. Based on the research conducted by Armstrong & Associates in 2018, the global revenues and costs of 3PL operators were estimated.
On the basis of the research results, it was defined that outsourcing has been tested and actively used in developed countries, and in recent decades it is being adapted to Ukraine. It has also been found that the combination of the effectiveness of the use of logistics tools and the trend of concentration of enterprises in the main activities provides opportunities for the development of the logistics outsourcing market.
2. Glushenko, Т.М. (2014). Analiz rozvutky logistuchnuh poslyg na sychasnomy svitovomy runky [Analysis of the development of logistics services in the modern world market]. Naykovui visnuk Chersonskogo derjavnogo yniversutety – Scientific Herald of Kherson State University, 6, 169-171. [In Ukrainian].
3. Dovba M.O. Aytsorsung na runky logistuchnuh poslyg: perspektuvu v Ukraini. [Outsourcing in the market of logistics services: prospects in Ukraine]. (n.d.). file:///C:/Users/danul/Downloads/Nzlubp_2011_7_20.pdf. [In Ukrainian].
4. Zavgorodniy, К.V. (2016). Stanovlennia logistuchnogo aytsorsingy yak instrymenty ypravlinniy regionalnumu transformaciiymu [Development of logistics outsourcing as a tool for managing regional transformations]. Naykovui visnuk Chersonskogo derjavnogo yniversutety – Scientific Herald of Kherson State University, 21, 96-99. [In Ukrainian].
5. Krasnoshapka, V.V. & Trohumets, I.I. (2015). Aytsorsung ta jogo zastosyvannia na pidpruiemstvah Ukrainu [Outsourcing and its use at Ukrainian enterprises]. Efektuvna ekonomika – Effective economy, 5. (n.d.). http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua Retrieved from http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=4097 [In Ukrainian].
6. Logistuka yak instryment optumizatsii biznes-protsesiv ta napryam naykovogo piznannya. [Logistics as a tool for optimizing business processes and the direction of scientific knowledge]. (n.d.). https://pidruchniki.com/71570/logistika/logistika_instrument_optimizatsiyi_biznes-protsesiv_napryam_naukovogo_piznannya. [In Ukrainian].
7. Logistuchnui aytsorsing. [Logistics outsourcing]. (n.d.). https://tsl.kname.edu.ua/index.php/en/8-glavnaya/26-logistic-outsourcing. [In Ukrainian].
8. Osnovni tendentsii zastosyvannya aytsorsingy na runky logistuchnuh poslyg v Ykraini. [The main tendencies of outsourcing use in the market of logistic services in Ukraine]. (n.d.). http://calculino.info/ru/usefull/articles/id208457. [In Ukrainian].
9. Tishchenko, O. M. (2012). Autsorsing yak factor efektuvnosti pidpruyemstv bydivelnoi galyzi [Outsourcing as a factor in the efficiency of the construction industry]. Problemu ekonomiku – Problems of the economy, 4, 129-135. [In Ukrainian].
10. 2019 third-party logistics study: The State of Logistics Outsourcing. (n.d.). https://dsqapj1lakrkc.cloudfront.net/media/sidebar_downloads/2019-3PL-Study.pdf. [United States of America].
11. Percentage of 3PL users who outsource logistics services as of 2018, ranked by the most frequently outsourced services. (n.d.). https://www.statista.com/statistics/660142/transportation-and-logistics-most-outsourced-services/.[United States of America].
12. Langley, J. Third-Party Logistics Study – 2018. (n.d.). https://mymaritimeblog.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/3pl_2018_study.pdf. [United States of America].