THE ASSESSMENT OF SOLVENCY OF UKRAINIAN ENTERPRISES: PROBLEMATIC ISSUES OF TYPICAL METHODOLOGICAL APPROACHES
The article has explored the theoretical bases and practical problems of assessment of enterprises solvency, which users of techniques, developed by relevant ministries and agencies and mandatory use of entities (called typical or common) deal with. Despite their different purposes (the risk assessment of bankruptcy, the creditworthiness or the investment attractiveness of the enterprise, the financial status of the beneficiary of the investment project or enterprise subject to privatization), they are based on the assessment of the solvency of the enterprises as an indicator of its financial capacity. The main methodological problems of construction of the scorecard are formulated as one of the most important elements of the methodology of analysis, which has a significant impact on the reliable and objective assessment of the solvency of the company in accordance with the set goal. The comparative analysis of the indicators of solvency of enterprises, which are given in typical methodological approaches, is carried out in the article. It is established that the list, names and calculation formulas of the relative indicators differ significantly, and between their recommended values there are some inconsistencies, which make significant influences on the formulation of analytical conclusions and proposals for management decisions.
The main signs of loss or restoration of solvency, as well as types of insolvency: current, critical, supercritical are characterized. The basic ways of streamlining and improvement of the methodological approaches of the analysis of solvency of the enterprise with the purpose of eliminating the possibility of manipulation of the analysis results are substantiated.
The author propos to create a state coordination body to improve the methodological support of financial analysis of the activities of business entities in order to increase its objectivity and effectiveness.
2. Chaika T. Yu., Loshakova S. Ye. &Vodoriz Ya. S. (2018)Rozrakhunok koefitsiientiv likvidnosti za balansom, urakhuvannia finansovykh i vyrobnychykh osoblyvostei pidpryiemstva pid chas zdiisnennia koefitsiientnoho analizu likvidnosti [Calculation of liquidity ratios for the balance sheet, taking into account the financial and production characteristics of the enterprise when carrying out a coefficient analysis of liquidity]. Ekonomika ta suspilstvo – Economy and Society, 15. 900 – 908
3. Kindratska, H.I., Zahorodnii A.H. & Kulyniak Yu.I. (2019). Analiz hospodarskoi diialnosti [Analysis of business activity]: pidruchnyk. Lviv : Vydavnytstvo Lvivskoi politekhniky [in Ukraine].
4. Oleksandrenko I.V. (2014). Diahnostyka likvidnosti ta platospromozhnosti pidpryiemstva [Diagnostics of liquidity and solvency of the enterprise]. Aktualni problemy ekonomiky – Current problems of the economy, 6 (156), 419 – 426 [in Ukraine].
5. Chemchykalenko R.A., Yaremenko V.H. & Pavlenko O.O. (2018). Udoskonalennia systemy diahnostyky platospromozhnosti pidpryiemstva [Improvement of the solvency diagnostics system of the enterprise] Ekonomika i suspilstvo – Economy and society, 15, 780 – 784 [in Ukraine].
6. Teren H.M. (2016). Systema pokaznykiv analizu likvidnosti pidpryiemstv [The system of indicators for analyzing liquidity of enterprises] Investytsii: praktyka ta dosvid – Investment: practice and experience, 8, 36 – 41[in Ukraine].
7. Ionin Ye. Ye. (2009). Rozviazannia pytan metodolohichnoho obgruntuvannia poniat “platospromozhnist” i “likvidnist”[ Solving issues of methodological substantiation of the concepts of "solvency" and "liquidity"]. Aktualni problemy ekonomiky – Current problems of the economy, 6, 30–43 [in Ukraine].
8. Metodychni rekomendatsii shchodo vyiavlennia oznak neplatospromozhnosti pidpryiemstva ta oznak dii z prykhovuvannia bankrutstva, fiktyvnoho bankrutstva chy dovedennia do bankrutstva, zatverdzheni Nakazom Ministerstva ekonomiky Ukrainy 9.01.2006 № 14 (u redaktsii nakazu Ministerstva ekonomiky Ukrainy vid 26.10.2010 no. 1361) [Guidelines for identifying signs of insolvency of an enterprise and signs of actions to conceal bankruptcy, fictitious bankruptcy or bringing to bankruptcy, approved by Order of the Ministry of Economy of Ukraine on January 9, 2006, no.14 (as amended by order of the Ministry of Economy of Ukraine of October 26, 2010, no.1361)]. Retrieved from http://www.me.gov.ua/control/uk/publish/article?art_id=161074&cat_id=32854 [in Ukraine].
9. Polozhennia pro vyznachennia bankamy Ukrainy rozmiru kredytnoho ryzyku za aktyvnymy bankivskymy operatsiiamy, zatverdzhenni Postanovoiu Pravlinnia Natsionalnoho banku Ukrainy vid 30.06.2016 r. № 351 (v redaktsii vid 25.05.2019 r.) [The Regulation on determining by banks of Ukraine the amount of credit risk for active banking operations, approval by the Resolution of the Board of the National Bank of Ukraine dated June 30, 2016 no. 351 (as amended on May 25, 2019)]. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/v0351500-16 [in Ukraine].
10. Poriadok provedennia otsinky finansovoho stanu potentsiinoho benefitsiara investytsiinoho proektu, realizatsiia yakoho peredbachaietsia na umovakh finansovoi samookupnosti, a takozh vyznachennia vydu zabezpechennia dlia obsluhovuvannia ta pohashennia pozyky, nadanoi za rakhunok koshtiv mizhnarodnykh finansovykh orhanizatsii, obsluhovuvannia yakoi zdiisniuvatymetsia za rakhunok koshtiv benefitsiara, zatverdzhenyi Nakazom Ministerstva finansiv Ukrainy vid 14. 07. 2016 № 616. [The procedure for assessing the financial condition of a potential beneficiary of an investment project, the implementation of which is expected to be financially sustainable, as well as determining the type of collateral for servicing and repaying a loan provided at the expense of international financial organizations, whose servicing will be carried out at the expense of the beneficiary, approved by the Order of the Ministry of Finance Ukraine from 07.14.2016. no. 616. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z1095-16 [in Ukraine].
11. Polozhennia pro poriadok zdiisnennia analizu finansovoho stanu pidpryiemstv, shcho pidliahaiut pryvatyzatsii, zatverdzhene Nakazom Ministerstva finansiv Ukrainy ta Fondu derzhavnoho maina Ukrainy vid 26.01.2001r. № 49/121 (v redaktsii vid 19.02.2013 r.). [ The Regulation on the analysis of the financial condition of enterprises subject to privatization, approved by the Order of the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine and the State Property Fund of Ukraine of 01.26.2001. no. 49/121 (as amended on February 19, 2013)]. Retrieved from http://zakon1.rada.gov.ua/cgi-bin/laws/main.cgi?nreg=z0121-01[in Ukraine].
12. Metodyka intehralnoi otsinky investytsiinoi pryvablyvosti pidpryiemstv ta orhanizatsii, zatverdzhena Nakazom Ahentstva z pytan zapobihannia bankrutstvu pidpryiemstv ta orhanizatsii vid 23.02.98 №22 [The methodology for the integrated assessment of the investment attractiveness of enterprises and organizations, approved by the Order of the Agency for the Prevention of Bankruptcy of Enterprises and Organizations of 02.23.98 no. 22]. Retrieved from http://zakon1.rada.gov.ua/cgi-bin/laws/main.cgi?nreg=z0214-98 [in Ukraine].
13. Marchenko O. & Pohrishchuk H. (2009). Finansovyi stan pidpryiemstva ta napriamky yoho zmitsnennia [Financial condition of the enterprise and directions of its strengthening] Svit finansiv – The world of finance, 4 (21), 135 – 146 [in Ukraine].