PARTICIPATION AND CITIZENS 'PARTICIPATION IN PROVIDING EFFICIENT ACTIVITIES OF LOCAL SELF-GOVERNMENT BODIES (IN THE CONTEXT OF DECENTRALIZATION REFORM)
It is noted that in the conditions of democratization of public life and implementation of the decentralization reform in Ukraine, successful development of territorial communities should depend first of all on the participation of the people who live there. It is shown that the growth of civic activity will become organized in nature, provided that the activities of the bodies of self-organization of the population are created and expanded. Forms and mechanisms of citizen participation in ensuring the effective activity of local self-government bodies are grounded, among which local initiatives occupy a special place. An example of their successful implementation in Vinnytsia at the expense of the Public Initiatives Budget, which is part of the budget of the city community, is given. The necessity of participation of citizens in local development, in particular in the development and approval of schemes for planning and development of settlements, the approval of the Strategy for the development of territorial communities, the implementation of infrastructure projects, the formation and distribution of local budget expenditures have been proved. The reasons for the lack of qualified personnel in the local self-government bodies, especially in the rural united territorial communities, were identified. The prospects of ensuring the effective functioning of local self-government bodies in connection with the transition to e-government and the use of e-democracy tools such as e-petitions, public participation budgets, public procurement control system ProZorro, e-declarations and more are revealed. New opportunities are opened for this purpose to control the activity of local self-government bodies by citizens and the state. The necessity of introduction of a special system of state supervision over the activity of local self-government bodies on the basis of the institute of prefects has been proved. It is concluded that new forms of participation of citizens and the state in the activities of local self-government require the use of adequate methods of assessing its effectiveness.
2. Abramiuk, I. (2014) Demokratiia uchasti: mekhanizmy hromadskoi uchasti na mistsevomu, rehionalnomu ta natsionalnomu rivniakh: materialy do kursu / Vseukrainska merezha fakhivtsiv ta praktykiv z rehionalnoho i mistsevoho rozvytku [Democracy of participation: mechanisms of public participation at local, regional and national levels: course materials / All-Ukrainian network of regional and local development experts and practitioners]. Kyiv. Retrieved from: https://regionet.org.ua/files/07_PartDemocracy_Abramyuk_Materials_v.122.07.14.pdf [in Ukrainian].
3. Vasylenko, L., Dobrovinskyi, M. (2017) Detsentralizatsiia ta reforma mistsevoho samovriaduvannia [Decentralization and reform of local self-government. Administrative law and process]. Administratyvne pravo i protses – Administrative law and process, 3, 123–126 [in Ukrainian].
4. Butko, M. P. (2017) Bifurkatsiinyi stan derzhavotvorchoho yadra Ukrainy v umovakh realizatsii yevrointehratsiinoho kursu [Bifurcation state of the state-building nucleus of Ukraine in the conditions of realization of the European integration course]. Ekonomika Ukrainy – Ukraine economy, 10, 49–64 [in Ukrainian].
5. Karyi, O. I., Panas, Ya. V. (2015) Mistsevi initsiatyvy ta zaluchennia hromadskosti do zdiisnennia mistsevoho samovriaduvannia: navch. posib. dlia posadovykh osib mistsevoho samovriaduvannia [Local Initiatives and Involvement of the Public in Local Self-Government: Tutorial. tool. for local government officials]. Kyiv: TOV «PIDPRYIeMSTVO «VI EN EI». Retrieved from: https://www.auc.org.ua/sites/default/files/library/6misiniweb.pdf [in Ukrainian].
6. Krehul Yu., Batrymenko, V. (2016) Reformuvannia mistsevoho samovriaduvannia v Ukraini [Reforming local self-government in Ukraine]. Zovnishnia torhivlia: ekonomika, finansy, pravo – Foreign Trade: Economics, Finance, Law, 1, 17-27 [in Ukrainian].
7. Makarov, V. H. (14.05.2019) Systema strymuvan i protyvah u terytorialnii orhanizatsii vlady v Ukraini: problemy ta perspektyvy rozvytku [The system of checks and balances in the territorial organization of power in Ukraine: problems and prospects for development]. Kyiv: NISD. Retrieved from: https://niss.gov.ua/doslidzhennya/politika/sistema-strimuvan-i-protivag-u-teritorialniy-organizacii-vladi-v-ukraini [in Ukrainian].
8. Tkachuk, A. F. (2012) Mistsevyi ta rehionalnyi rozvytok. Uchast hromadian u mistsevomu rozvytku: prakt. posib. dlia praktychnykh liudei [Local and regional development. Citizens' Participation in Local Development: Pract. tool. for practical people]. Kyiv: IKTs «Lehalnyi status» [in Ukrainian].
9. Administration as a Service − the Public 3S з Client: The OECD Report / OECD (1987).
10. Pro elektronne uriaduvannia: sait «Elektronne uriaduvannia u Kharkovi» [About e-Governance: e-Governance in Kharkiv]. Retrieved from: http://eu.infocity.kharkov.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
11. Kusch, A. (06.06.2019) Detsentralizatsiya ne po geografii, a po ekonomike: Pochemu eto namnogo effektivnee dlya Ukrainyi [Decentralization, not in geography, but in economics: Why is it much more efficient for Ukraine]. 112.ua – 112.ua. Retrieved from: https://112.ua/mnenie/decentralizaciya-ne-po-geografii-a-po-ekonomike-pochemu-eto-namnogo-effektivnee-dlya-ukrainy-494894.html [in Russian].
12. Leksin, V. N. (2012) Rezultativnost i effektivnost deystviy regionalnoy i munitsipalnoy vlasti: naznachenie i vozmojnosti korrektnoy otsenki [The effectiveness and efficiency of regional and municipal authorities: the purpose and possibilities of a correct assessment]. Region: ekonomika i sotsiologiya – Region: economics and sociology, 1, 3–41 [in Russian].