THE SCIENTIFIC REASONING OF THE VALUATION METHODS OF INTANGIBLE ASSETS CONSIDERING THE THEIR EFFECTS ON ECONOMIC SECURITY OF THE ENTERPRISE
Considering the specifics of capitalization of intellectual capital in the form of intangible assets, which has the character of a significant time gap from the moment of occurrence of expenses, it can be argued that the modern methods of valuation of intangible assets does not have the necessary formalized approaches in its arsenal.
That is why, given the significant role of intangible assets in shaping the economic security of an enterprise, the purpose of the article is to develop and formalize accounting approaches to their valuation as part of intellectual capital, which will create opportunities for the protection, most efficient use and sustainable growth of the value of such assets.
Thus, in the article was made the scientific substantiation of methodological bases of accounting valuation of intangible assets as part of intellectual capital.
It was suggeste to use fair value to reflect intangible assets in an entity's financial statements both at initial measurement and at the balance sheet date.
Approaches to the valuation of intangible assets and revaluation of intangible assets have been formalized.
It is determined that the increase in net profit for the reporting period as a general, resultant indicator is the main indicator of the increase in the fair value of intangible assets, which are reflected in the financial statements of the enterprise.
The established method of revaluation of intangible assets at the balance sheet date will allow to distribute the received cumulative economic effect, in the form of an increase in net profit, to the results of the use of a particular intangible asset.
A conceptually new accounting model is proposed for the formation of financial statements based on the capitalization of intellectual capital in the form of intangible assets of the enterprise. The prerequisites have been formed not only for the disclosure of the intellectual potential of the enterprise (its transformation into capital upon initial recognition of intangible assets), but also for the development of existing intellectual capital in terms of components, taking into account their impact on the growth of net profit.
2. Volchek, A. V. (2010). Osnovnyie sredstva, nematerialnyie aktivi, materialnyie tsennosti: uchet i nalogooblazhenie [Fixed assets, intangible assets, material values: accounting and taxation]. Minsk: Rehist. [in Ukrainian].
3. Zamlynskyi, V. A. (2010). Oblik osnovnykh zasobiv: pereosmyslennia pryntsypiv ta zavdan [Accounting for fixed assets: rethinking the principles and objectives]. Oblik i finansy APK, No. 1, 46-51. [in Ukrainian].
4. The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (1999), The Law of Ukraine "About accounting and financial statement in Ukraine", available at: http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/ show/996-14 (Accessed 01 March 2016). [in Ukrainian].
5. International Accounting Standard 13 (IFRS 13) Fair Value Measurement. (revised on 01.01.2013). [Elektronnyi resurs]. – Rezhym dostupu: URL:http://www.minfin.gov.ua/file/link/364291/file/IFRS13.pdf [in Ukrainian].
6. Christensen H., Nikolaev. V. Who uses fair value for nonfinancial assets after IFRS adoption? : Chicago booth: The University of Chicago Booth School of business. 2014. 44 p. URL:http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id= 1269515. [in English].
7. Olga Markus. The accounting identification of intangible assets in formation of economic security of the enterprise: Economic journal of Lesia Ukrainka Eastern European National University. Vol 2 No 18 (2019). https://doi.org/10.29038/2411-4014-2019-02-121-128 (doi: 10.29038/2411-4014-2019-02-121-128). [in Ukrainian].
8. Zyabchenkova H. V. Zastosuvannya spravedlyvoyi otsinky osnovnykh zasobiv v obliku: Formuvannya rynkovykh vidnosyn v Ukrayini. – 2012. – № 2. – S. 129–133. [in Ukrainian].
9. Derun I. Vykorystannya spravedlyvoyi vartosti v bukhhaltersʹkomu obliku neoborotnykh aktyviv: Bukhhaltersʹkyy oblik i audyt. 2012. № 12. S. 20–28. [in Ukrainian].